Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Trip out West

I know it has been a while since I posted anything on here. I am sure everyone has been asking, what in the world is Parker doing? Well, here is a little update of my times in good 'ole Tampa Bay.

Amy and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary on April 21. We decided we wanted to take a trip and headed out west to Phoenix, Sedona, Flagstaff, The Grand Canyon, a stop at the Hoover Dam on the way to Las Vegas from May 10-May 17 . The trip was incredible and we had all sorts of weather from 30 degrees and snow in Flagstaff all the way to 97 degrees and hot in Phoenix. What a difference of about 4000 feet make in the weather forecast.

I know I haven't posted many pictures on here, but if you want to see my album, email me and let me know and I can send all 200 of them to you.

Here are some of our visit:



We woke up one of the mornings in Flagstaff to about 2 -3 inches of snow. It was the latest they had snowfall in about 10 years. I had to go out and clean off the car from the snow with a towel because who knew it was going to snow?

At Arizona State University with the Football Stadium in the background




Amy on the ASU campus in Tempe


We decided to drive to Northern Arizona University while we were in Flagstaff and came across this HUGE lumberjack who in turn is the NAU mascot.




Of course while we were in Phoenix, I had to get my picture taken in front of the US Airways Arena- home of the Phoenix Suns


I think I have been to one of the most beautiful and amazing places in the world: The Grand Canyon was simply breathtaking. We hiked the South Rim (about 8 miles around) and even hiked 1.5 miles down into the canyon and back up.









No comments: